It’s a fun time in the sky right now, and we are living in unique times. While on the 1st of July the Shree Jagannath’s Rath yatra in Puri commenced in its full spirit, on July 2nd six planets went into their own signs or rulerships, in full dignity and it will be so till July 12th.
- Moon was in Cancer
- Mars in Aries
- Venus in Taurus
- Mercury in Gemini
- Jupiter in Pisces
- Saturn in Aquarius retrograde
- Sun is the only planet that is not in his sign and is in Gemini.
- These planets are creating multiple auspicious yogas. This is quite rare and all the planets are in full strength. While Moon moves out of Cancer the very next day, the other five planets still remain there till mid-July. July 6th was an auspicious day – when Jupiter and the Moon fully aspected each other in the Pisces / Virgo axis of the Kaala Purusha chart. The effect still continues for sometime.
- Jupiter in Pisces – it loves being there. Pisces is a spiritual sign and with the Guru being there, true spirituality can be expressed.
- Mars in Aries can be very powerful. Mars is fire in the belly, it influences fire, guns, violence, volcanoes, earthquakes. It is basically high-energy. Moreover, it is with Rahu (further expansion) and Uranus.
- Venus in Taurus (till July 12th) is a big relief – as it allows us to appreciate the beautiful things even in chaos. So, it is necessary that we raise the Venusian energy. It then shifts into Gemini on July 13th. Taurus is the best sign Venus can be – so we need to make use of this transit.
- Mercury is in Gemini – communication is super-duper clear. So get things in this field done quickly! Important decisions, emails, interviews etc!
- Moon was in Cancer just on July 2nd
But unfortunately, this beautiful period is brief so please do make use of it.
- As the month progresses, Saturn which is already retrograde in Aquarius, goes back into Capricorn on July 12th. While Aquarius is about the common man, Capricorn is about governments. With Saturn is going back there for the very last time before it turns direct in October 23rd 2022, and then goes into Aquarius January 2023 never to come back again into Capricorn for the next 29 years, speaks a lot about this transit. It really means that some work is unfinished in the field of governments and it is going back to complete the unfinished task. Both Aquarius and Capricorn are comfortable signs for Saturn, and retrograde Saturn is powerful. But definitely this transit will effect government structures and world leaders in many ways.
- In addition, Venus shifts to Gemini on 12th July.
- July 13th is Guru Purnima – Full Moon is in Sagittarius and a good day to obeisance to the gurus and teachers who have impacted your life and showing us the way to a higher consciousness.
- 16th of July is a shift for Sun going into Cancer
- July 20th and 21st – Moon is conjunct with Rahu, and can represent extreme anger in society and terrorist activity. For India, we have to be careful at the borders.
- July 16th – Mercury is combust as the planet is very close to the Sun
- Jupiter becomes retrograde from July 29th to 24th November, 2022 in Pisces. A retrograde Jupiter draws people to spirituality and your true purpose. However, it is being aspected by a retrograde Saturn, which indicates restrictions, forcing to give up our ego, and a delay in getting results. Since Jupiter is a karaka of wealth and finance and is in the natural 12th house which represents losses and with Saturn aspecting it could indicate periods of recession all over the world. In addition, Venus goes into Virgo from Gemini on September 24th, 2022 till 18th October which is its debilitating sign. Now Jupiter and Venus will aspect each other and their values are opposite each other. This period will indeed be challenging to the economy.
- Ketu has been in Libra for a while. Libra is about balance, but with Ketu in it there is an imbalance, especially in communal harmony. Hence, it is advised that people do not take out religion out in the open and avoid unnecessary confrontation and controversies
But as the seers say that planets do not affect people who do the right karma. So the way to go is meditate, help those in need, consume the right content on media and be a sthithapragnya (one who lives with equanimity).
Lord Krishna prescribes in the Bhagavad Geeta that we have to work towards being a Stithapragnya. In this state you are in total control of your habits and thoughts; and are not a slave to your emotions. Only such a state of mind is capable of experiencing ultimate bliss. More on this on my next piece.
(My obeisance to Sage Parasara who gave us the treatise Brihat Parasara Hora Shastra; Sage VarahaMihira who wrote the Brihat Samhita Hora, and the current astrologers Joni Patry, Komilla Sutton, Satish Menon and a host of other experts who have made astrology comprehensible to the layman. I am attempting this essay only because of them. Any errors are only mine.)
(Note: Do leave a comment/ click on the ‘like’ button if you liked it/ follow the blog, so that I know you liked the content!)